Hello! I’m Pam Kesselring and I’m a Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant.
If someone had told me 10 years ago I’d be interested in nutrition, I would have laughed. I mean, I was the gal who at one point in my life fueled myself for months with little more than microwave popcorn and bottles of Coca-Cola, while I endured an epic divorce and custody battle. Years of chronic stress and a sugar addiction left me 40 pounds overweight, tired and achy all the time, short tempered, unable to sleep well or think clearly, and covered in acne like an adolescent, yet I was just about to turn 40.
So what the heck happened to turn my 10-year mess into a success?
Want to know more? Here are five fun facts you probably don’t know about me:
- I am a Mom of two amazing kids, and I also have two awesome step-sons, and an adorable grandson.
- I am a sewist who loves all kinds of sewing and embroidery. I make clothing, purses, quilts and household items. I often say it’s my therapy – which is a great excuse to make time for it in my schedule, even if it means sometimes ignoring a few household chores.
- I am a huge fan of Bono and the music of U2. It speaks to me at my core. Put me in my sewing room with all my U2 tunes on shuffle, and I can lose myself in a creative whirlwind for days.
- In addition to my Registered Holistic Nutritionist designation and being a member of the Canadian Association of Natural Nutrition Practitioners (CANNP), I have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Finance. The business of stocks and bonds is pretty far from the holistic health practice I love now, but its all part of what made me who I am today.
- I don’t live a life that is stereo-typically “holistic” and full of yoga, tofu and sprouts. My passions lie in making simple healthful versions of the comfort foods I grew up on, and in finding exercise and spiritual practices that resonate with my soul.